In the digital age, understanding user behavior and making data-driven decisions is crucial for success. Google Analytics has been the go-to tool for measuring website performance – think clicks, page views, bounces and many more. Google has introduced its latest iteration - Google Analytics 4 (GA4), to provide better insight into how your customers are interacting with your website.
In this blog, we’ll explore:
1. What is GA4?
2. What are the key new features & benefits?
3. Why is this important for tour & activity operators?
4. How can I use Peek to track the whole customer journey?
What is Google Analytics 4?
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest iteration of Google's web analytics tool, and offers an integrated view of user behavior across websites, apps, and other platforms. While the earlier Universal Analytics version centered on pageviews, GA4 focuses on user-centric event and data, giving a fuller picture of the user journey.
Key Features and Advantages
1. Enhanced Cross-Platform Tracking: GA4 allows seamless tracking of user interactions across multiple platforms, including websites, mobile apps, and offline data. This means you can have a unified view of how users interact with your brand regardless of the device or platform they use.
2. Event-Driven Data Model: Unlike the traditional focus on page views, GA4 lets you track custom events like button clicks and form submissions, offering a richer understanding of user actions.
3. AI-Driven Insights: GA4 uses machine learning to automatically deliver insights, from predicting user churn to identifying high-engagement channels.
4. Deeper Integration with Google Ads: GA4 seamlessly integrates with Google Ads, providing a more accurate view of how your advertising efforts contribute to user engagement and conversions. This integration allows you to optimize your ad campaigns based on user behavior data, maximizing your ROI.
5. Enhanced User Privacy: Addressing data privacy concerns, GA4 introduces features like enhanced consent mode and data deletion controls for better compliance.
How can I use Google Analytics 4 with Peek Pro?
The new features offer a comprehensive understanding of user interactions, giving operators a better understanding of how their customers purchase and interact with their booking flow. With Peek Pro’s Google Analytics 4 integration you can seamlessly track your conversions from your website to better understand how your site is performing and who is booking.
Complete the following steps to get started tracking events on your booking flow:
1. First, you’ll need to access your GA4 Measurement ID. Follow these steps if you need help finding your ID.
2. Add your GA4 Measurement ID by going to Configurations→Analytics in your Peek Pro account.
3. Once you’ve connected the integration, you can begin tracking events like when Add-Ons, Promo Codes or Gift Cards are used in your booking flow.
TOP TIP: A quick and easy way to gain better insights into your customers’ behavior is to use the new Explorations tool. Explorations can be used to dig deeper into the customer journey like purchase funnels and audience segmentation to make better business decisions.